Safety First: Tree Trimming Insights
Trees increase our enjoyment of our property, provide shade, yield delicious fruit for pies and juices, and increase the curb appeal of your home. Of course, these benefits only apply if the trees are healthy. Trees with dense, overgrown branches, sparse leaf growth, or unusual silhouettes are not nice to look at and may not be healthy. Since most trees will live for at least 30 years, if not longer, they are important investments that reward us for caring for them. Tree trimming is a vital component of that care.
Here are some of the best reasons to have your trees trimmed regularly.
- Trees create a healthy environment for us – Removing dead or dying branches stimulates new growth. This is especially true for fruit tree pruning. A mature, active tree can absorb up to 48 pounds of carbon dioxide and other gases like nitrogen oxide, sulfur dioxide, ammonia, and ozone. According to a study published by the Journal of Preventive Medicine, more people experienced heart and respiratory diseases when they lived in areas where there were no trees.
- Trees produce oxygen – One tree can add up to 260 pounds of oxygen back into the air each year, which is great for you and your family and the environment.
- Trees can help you create a manageable climate zone around your home or business – The strategic placement of trees around your building can provide shade in the summer and protection from cold winds in the winter. The result is savings on your energy bills.
- Trees can be safety hazards – Tree limbs can grow into power lines or fall onto your property, your house, or a neighbor’s property. Trimming heavy or dead branches and those that are too close to power lines and other structures prevents potential damage.
- Trees boost your property value – Businesses and homes that are surrounded by trees have an average increase in property value of up to 20 percent. According to the USDA Forest Service, people spend more time and spend an average of 13 percent more money at businesses with attractive trees and landscaping.
Tree trimming itself can present its own hazards, but All Wood’s Tree Service offers tree trimming services completed by ISA-certified arborists who have been trained to use cranes and other heavy equipment while caring for your trees. Contact us today for a free estimate.